Sunday, April 10, 2011

One crazy March...and April looks about the same!

Seriously, is it Spring yet?  Idaho just keeps throwing us these random beautiful spring days (moments, sometimes) followed immediately by snow and gloom.  I'm ready for spring to come and STAY!

So, around the end of February, my old Junior High principal (who's now over all the federal programs like ESL, which is what I did) asks if I can help with the language testing for Middle School, Junior High and High School.  I'm pretty excited to have a chance to see the students and my colleagues again, so I agree.  Plus, the pay's not bad.  So I ask when the testing window opens and how long I'll have to do it.  Oh, it opened 2 weeks ago, there are exactly 4 weeks left, and we didn't get our info to the state fast enough, so they didn't have time to print labels with all the kids' info--you'll have to fill in all the individual bubbles.  Sweet!  Thus my March began.  I got all the testing done in record time.  It was WONDERFUL to visit all the kids again and see their progress.  But it only took 2 weeks for me (and Eli) to be SO GLAD that it would soon be over!  I am so glad not to be a working mom.  It's HARD!

Needless to say, my house has been a disaster, Mike and I haven't eaten well, and none of us got the sleep we needed.  I was sooo glad to be done.  Then I got another call from my old principal.  Seems he's a little overwhelmed with all this (it's his first year with these responsibilities), and isn't quite sure where he'll find time to organize all the tests the way the state wants before sending them all back to the state.  No problem--I respond.  It won't even take a day, and I'll bring Eli.  3 days later, it's finally done.  But at least Eli got to come with!

Now, I'm finally finished and look forward to next week--my first week completely and totally free of work duties.  I'll never take being a stay-at-home mom for granted!  I love my job :)  Here's why:

 Well, first of all, my charge is adorable.
 Plus, he's adorable.
 Also, he's adorable.
 Did I mention that my job is adorable?
 He's adorably good at getting into sticky situations.
 He helps with the laundry.  Again, insert adorable word here.
 He's adorably clean.
Last, but certainly not least, it's his adorability that makes me love my job so darn much!

No comments:

Post a Comment