Thursday, July 1, 2010

Katie's placement shower

Last Monday I had the chance to go to Logan to meet some more of Katie's family and friends.  Her awesome friends threw her a placement shower, and they were nice enough to invite me!  We got to spoil Katie with some "after baby" comfort gifts like chocolate (of course), chick flicks, lotions, bubble bath, and fuzzy socks.


The hit of the party was definitely the puppy she got from her mom's boss, Tracey.  It's a long haired Chihuahua named Chewie.  He is adorable, and I think he'll be a huge comfort to Katie.  She has the most thoughtful and supportive friends.



Sitting to the left of Katie in the above picture are her dad's sisters Susan and Julie.  Ever since Katie was little she's gotten blankets from them.  When one would wear out, she'd get another and another and another.  She said she's gotten like 7!  The one thing that every blanket had in common was that there were clouds on them.  So she had her aunts make 2, one to wrap the baby in while he's with her and that she'll keep to snuggle with, and one that she'll wrap him in when she brings him to me.  I'm so excited to be able to tell him that, and I'm sure it'll be one of his favorite things.  


I feel so blessed to be able to experience this adoption process with such a wonderful birthmom, and I'm even luckier that her family and friends are so loving and kind.  Thank you to everyone who made me feel so welcome and loved.

PS--No the baby's not here yet, but Katie will start on some labor inducing medication Saturday morning.  We just might get a 4th of July baby, or he may hang on a little longer and come early next week.  As long as he and Katie are healthy, we're happy!



1 comment:

  1. I am friend of Katie's- we met last summer when we worked together. Some of my family members are adopted, and I enjoy reading about your thoughts and feelings on the adoption process. Thanks for sharing, and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete