Thursday, June 10, 2010

Keep the gifts comin'!

Yesterday was my very first baby shower, and it was AWESOME!  I had so much fun.  It's a good thing I enjoy being the center of attention, or it may have been just a little much:)  Thank you so very much to everyone who came to support me and Mike.  Knowing you love us and are excited for us to take this next step gives us the encouragement and confidence we need to hope we can be great parents.  Let's take a photo journey...







It was fun to see so many neighbors, ward members, friends from past wards, work friends, and family.


Laura VanOrden was in charge of games (and pretty much organizing everything), so here we're just about done playing memory.  Apparently the people I know have better memories than me because the game ended before it even got to everyone!


Next, Laura put me on the spot with a little "The Price is Right."  No, Laura, the price is wrong, that's why I kept messing up!


Which do you think is more expensive--the gel teething ring or the cool finger nail clippers?  If you thought the clippers like me (and all the friends that were giving me the answers), you'd be wrong, too, because Laura bought the clippers on sale and went with the sale price.  Isn't that cheating?


Seriously, who knew bottle brushes were so expensive.  It's ridiculous.


I was so, so, so happy that Katie and her mom, Lynette, could come.  The baby shower throwers were kind enough to get her a care package as well.  I'm pretty sure those are happy tears:)  Thank you for coming, guys, you're the best!


Here we are...the moms and the grandmas.  Grandma Nelson, ME, Katie mom, Grandma Nette, and Grammy.


Okay, the presents.  I was absolutely overwhelmed by all the stuff I got, and it was all so incredibly cute.  Thank you everyone so much.  I got lots of clothes and onesies.


What are the chances of opening the exact same outfit, one right after the other?  I don't know what the odds are, but it happened here, which explains the laughter.  Luckily, they are different sizes.  People will think there's no growing going on because he'll be able to wear the same outfit for months!


I was told this huge box of wipes would last me about a month.  Is that really true?  I got lots of stuff for his bum.  Baby bums are cute!


He'll have lots of toys thanks to everyone's thoughtfulness, including this super cute pull toy.


This is just one of the many fabulous blankets he and I can snuggle up in together.


There will be no shortage of extra soft cuddly animals, thank goodness.


One of my cute little beehives wanted to make sure I got something just for me, so she picked out the floppy hat herself.  I love it!  The rest of the gift was a baby carrier, so now I can carry the baby into Wal-mart incognito with the help of a hat for the days I didn't even make it to the shower!


Can you believe all that stuff?  I can.  I have awesome friends.  I'm so happy!




2 comments:

  1. Keralyn,
    I was so pleasantly surpried to come across your blog (through Laura Van Orden's) and read about your wonderful news! I hadn't heard anything about it, so I'm super-excited for you. I hope you don't mind if I bookmark your blog, so I can keep track of when your little guy comes and all about it! Congratulations and I know you'll make great parents!
    Jane Tew

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures! Especially the new one of you and Mike!

    ReplyDelete